This property is located in south Goa, and has a direct access to the beach from within the property itself. The beach was kind of serene, clean and calm, in a complete contrast to calangute or baga which are overcrowded and thriving with activities, shops, eateries etc. But, don’t head to this beach with lots of activities and food on top of your priority list. Unless ofcourse you want to be heavily disappointed. Although, you would love it if your motive is to take a leisurely walk alongside an almost empty beach or a peaceful sunbath. Or, have a relaxing time with your friends or family.
Beleza by the beach Goa
Nazare – the beach shack
Beleza by the beach Goa has a huge sprawling campus. As you enter through the main gate, towards the left , a narrow cobbled pathway leads to the dining restaurant and bar, ‘Nazare’. It has a cool sitting arrangement. And, from this restaurant, you can get a wonderful view of the sea and the sunset over it. From near the bar itself, a small door leads on to the beach. There is a register kept near the door to maintain the entry and exit to the beach through this private property. And, towels are also provided by the resort at this point.
The private property of landlord
Besides the beach shack Nazare, lies the private property of the landlord. I assume he must be either owning Beleza by the beach Goa. Or, at least, he must have owned the land on which the resort stands. Either way, he is having a great life, that I was instantly jealous of. The property consists of a huge garden, well manicured, and directly facing the sea. On the other end of this garden lies the bungalow of the landlord.
When you take right from the entrance gate, you arrive at the reception to Beleza by the beach Goa. The reception is an open area, made in the shape of a traditional hut. There is a small desk with one person behind it who will be ready to assist you with anything you need anytime. Once you arrive at Beleza by the beach, your cab will drop you at the reception. From here you can collect the key to your villa and proceed further. Right behind the reception lies the villas in a row. And, a small lane between the villas, from near the reception, leads to the fine dine restaurant Tentacao.
Tentacao – the fine dine restaurant
Tentacao is the fine dine restaurant in Beleza by the beach Goa. Again, the restaurant is formed in the form of a hut. There are tables both inside the restaurant and outside around it. We had most of our meals in this restaurant itself while we stayed at Beleza by the beach Goa. The breakfast spread was decent. While the lunch and dinner menus could be more elaborate. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the overall ambiance of the place.
There are some pet cats in the property premises. They will mostly be circling around your tables as you have your breakfast and dinner. Although tourists are requests not to feed the animals, at times it becomes irresistible. Particularly, my little one had a wonderful time trying to make the cats eat their breakfast. While, we had an easy time feeding her while she was busy with the cats.. you see.. another plus point when visiting with family, particularly small kids 🙂
Besides Tentacao lies the swimming pool. Not a big one, but a small and clean one. It is well maintained. The view around the pool is great, with most of the sides covered with green bushes and trees. And the changing rooms and spa at one end of the pool. We did have wonderful time along the poolside, particularly by evening.
Just besides the pool at one end is the spa. We did enjoy some great and relaxing foot massage here. Although, I felt the prices are on a higher side for the spa. Nevertheless, a good relaxing option right on the hotel premises is welcome.
Children’t play area
After crossing the spa, you come across a small play area designed for children. Nothing fancy. It has a small slider, some small swings and some other hurdles to climb on etc. But a good enjoyment for smaller kids. They will surely get busy with trying out stuff in this play area while you can have a wonderful time elsewhere. My toddler did enjoy the area. Just opposite to this children play area was our villa. Every time we crossed this area, she wanted to end up either on the swing or on the slider.
After the children’s play area is a small lawn. It has a beautiful shaded seating at one end and soft grass all across. Good to take a stroll in the morning. Because, there are mosquitos here in the evening. And it is too hot to try out during day time 🙂
The villas of Beleza by the beach Goa
The ground floor
Finally, coming to the villas. The whole resort has around 10 villas. Each villa has 3 rooms. It is indeed constructed in the form of a house. The ground floor consists of one room, a living area where a sofa is set, and a dining area where a small round dining table is set. The dining area is adjacent to a huge beautiful open kitchen.
Seriously, if you want to take away some idea for a beautiful house, this is the perfect setup. There are stairs leading to the first floor on one side of the dining area. Below the stairs, there is a door that opens up towards the reception and front side of Beleza by the beach Goa. While, the living room area has doors that open towards the back, facing the spa, play area and restaurant. Although, the kitchen is huge, I would have loved it if it were equipped to cook a few basic things. But alas, there is no utensils in the kitchen. I couldn’t understand why.
The first floor
The stairs lead to the first floor, right into a huge family room. This room has a sectional sofa and a central table. There are two rooms at one end of the hall. We stayed in one of these rooms. And, we had most of our meals in this family room, when we ordered room service. The whole room is artistically done with some beautiful paintings, vases and antique pieces.
The bedrooms are quiet good in size. They are tugged with all the basic facilities that one will need for living comfortably through the stay. They consist of a nice bed, a huge bathroom, an attached balcony with a seating for two, huge glass doors towards the balcony overlooking the pool and the greenery beyond, a mini freeze, tv, water heater, tea, coffee etc. The rooms are also air conditioned. Overall, the rooms were very pleasant to stay in.
The stairs of the villa lead all the way to the second floor which is the terrace. Couple of sacks are put here in case one would like to sunbath right on the terrace . The overall setup is very lovely, I must say.
Hospitality at Beleza
Coming to another most important aspect of a place we choose to stay in, the hospitality. There were no issues with respect to anything while we stayed at the premises. The staff are warm. And, the requests of the guests are attended to promptly. There were certain moments of warmth that I actually felt while here. Like, when we first headed from the resort to the beach, we asked a gardener for the directions. He stopped what he was doing. And, he actually came with us all the way until the beach was in plain sight. Who would do that!!
Similarly, there was a high tea arranged for the management and the guest. The manager came up to me and talked to me, addressing me by my name. Which was a pleasant surprise given I had interacted with him only over email. Still, he recognized me, and he had the courtesy to come address us and have a little conversation with us. Apart from this, everything else was fine. Be it room cleaning or room service or an assistance required with respect to booking the cab.
Pros of stay at Beleza by the beach Goa
- Courteous staff. And I literally mean it. You would be greeted where ever you were spotted. Staff would be willing to go out of their way to help you out. A gardener left his work and strode along with us to show us the path to the beach. A waiter approached us and had a hearty chat while we were standing near the restaurant. Was it a necessity? No, it was courtesy. And the list goes on.
- Vast stretch of green lawn, decent swimming pool, on premises spa facilities, private access to beach, plus a children’s play area that was big relief for me as my little one is used to it back home.
- Very good location and facilities to enjoy a leisurely vacation. We had leisurely walks across the beach, we could enjoy the sunset scenes on the beach sitting into the shack at nazare.
- The property is a collection of 3 bedroom villas, having 1 bedroom at ground floor along with kitchen and dining and 2 bedrooms on the first floor with a vast sitting area. The terrace had benches to sunbath and enjoy a glance on the stretches of the resort. The rooms were air conditioned, had a mini freeze tucked-in, a very easy to operate locker and a water heater kettle as well. Laundry service was available on the premises. In short, all basic amenities that you could ask for a comfortable stay were present.
- Free wifi but the strength was not that great in the rooms.
Cons of stay at Beleza by the beach Goa
- The biggest con was the food options available on the premises. Since the property is a little far from major markets, restaurants and other ready food options, until you are willing to venture out for long, you have to satisfy yourself with a limited menu. There are two restaurants – tentacao in the middle of the resort and nazare – the beach shack. Ambiance wise, both win. But food wise, both fail to satisfy. The breakfast option is decent, but for lunch, snacks and dinner there are very less varieties to choose from. Plus, we felt the food was overpriced for the amount of satisfaction it gave to the taste bud. Goan bun was way too chewy and we had a sundae which didn’t have brownie!!! (essentially , it was two scoops of vanilla icecream with a little chocolate sauce).
- Little thoughtfulness was missing here and there : like no bucket in bathrooms!! (I had a hard time giving my little one a bath), no mosquito sprays (due to greenery there was a abundance of mosquitos but the provided repellants were not sufficient and they didn’t have a spray available on the premises which we could use – again my baby came back home with quiet some gruesome mosquito byte marks), no refill/replacement of toiletries even when they got exhausted, no plane drinking water in site on the breakfast buffet spread etc. These are very little things that if not overlooked, can make the daily stay of a customer much more convenient and pleasurable.